Thursday, December 12, 2013

Buenos Dias Paloma Blanca


On the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Americas, we recall the apparition of our Blessed Mother to St. Juan Diego, which ultimately resulted in the conversion of nine million Native Americans in Mexico. This song, among others, is popular for today's feast. Here is a translation of the lyrics:
Good morning, White Dove,
today I come to greet you,
greeting your beauty
in your celestial kingdom!

You are mother of the Creator
that enchants my heart,
thanks I give you with love.
Good morning, white dove!

Beautiful girl, holy girl,
your sweet name praised,
because you are so blessed,
that I come to greet you.

Resplendent like the dawn,
pure and sensitive and without stain,
what pleasure my soul receives.
Good morning, white dove!

Doctrine: Liturgical Year, Blessed Virgin Mary, America

No comments:

Post a Comment